Please check the "You Are Here" spot on this site for up-to-date news of where we are in the school request and placement process.
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEOS:
School Placement Process video in English, Spanish, Somali or Hmong
Virtual School Request Kick-Off event from Dec
ENROLLING FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
It’s school request time in the Minneapolis Public Schools!
This is a year of transition in MPS. As we implement the changes brought by the Comprehensive District Design, we encourage you to explore the new community school attendance areas and exciting new magnet programs.
Who needs to request a school?
Requesting Your New School
1. READ: Current MPS K-8 families please read the communication you should have received about your assigned school according to the CDD. (High school students are not impacted.) All people looking for a new school, go to Step 2.
2. LEARN: Attend the MPS Virtual School Request Kick-off on Dec. 5 from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. to learn what’s new next year for MPS. You’ll find a link to the Kick-off on the MPS homepage. After Dec 5, you can view the recorded version.
3. EXPLORE: Visit ExploreMPS.org and enter your home address to see your school options. You will be shown which is the community school for your attendance area and the full list of our centrally located magnets, now available to all with citywide busing.
4. ATTEND: Attend virtual open houses between Dec. 7 and Jan. 30 for the schools you’re interested in. After January, visit the MPS YouTube channel to find recordings of school open houses and tours.
5. DISCOVER: Continue to learn more about the schools you’re interested in. Talk to other families from the school, ask questions about their experiences, check out the school’s website and social media.
6. REQUEST: Request your favorite schools by going to ExploreMPS.org and clicking on “Get Started” – or go to the MPS homepage and click on the red ENROLL button at the top – or download a paper request form.
You’ll be notified of your child’s school placement in Early March. Reach out to the Student Placement Services team at 612.668.1840 or email SPS.Department@mpls.k12.mn.us.
If you have questions about the enrollment process, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 612.668.1840.
Please note - if you have feedback regarding the translations of this website, please let us know.